So you are trying to figure out how to measure his ring size. Maybe you even want to figure out his ring size in secret. Is it possible? YES, of course. Here are three options to figuring out his ring size!
Three Ways to Measure His Ring Size
Option 1 (recommended)
The String Method
- Figuring out his size using the string method is a great option if you are trying to keep it a secret from him. If you are sneaky enough you can use this method while he is sleeping.
What You'll Need
- For this method, you would need a string and a ruler.
Take a string and wrap it around the biggest part of his finger and then mark or cut the part where the string joins or overlap. With a ruler, measure the size of the string that you marked. The measurement that you have gotten from the string is the circumference of the finger or your ring’s size. When you measure the string, check the measurement of the ruler with that of the men’s size chart so you know exactly what the ring size is. In this way, you can order the rings online without having to go to the jeweler.
However, the string method takes time and is a nuisance.
The Free Printable Ring Sizer
Yes it's true... You can now print a ring sizer and never have to leave your house.
What You'll Need
- Take a guess..... A printer and don't worry. You can print in black and white.
When you download the printable ring sizer make sure you set your printer scale to 100%. This is crucial to making sure the ring sizer is to scale. Dowload our printable ring sizer here.
Once you print out the printable ring sizer cut out the sizer & cut a slit indicated on the sizer. Step 2, insert tapered in through the slit, step three, slip the sizer onto your finger and adjust to give a comfortable fit. The size is indicated by the arrow.
Get Sized At a Jewelry Store
When in doubt, it's always better to visit a professional to help you to find the right size. One way to find the perfect ring size for your man is to take him along to a jewelry store so he can try out the rings. The store workers will also measure your ring size and they will let you know for future use.
You Could Always Just Take a Guess
Now that we found the right size, let's find the perfect rings for him. Shop here
You have probably heard the phrase, "you get what you pay for". When it comes to jewelry it's entirely true.
Finding affordable high-quality jewelry can be very challenging and most of the brands claiming to sell their products at fair-prices are usually selling low-quality jewelry. For a great piece of 925 sterling silver jewelry, the price can go from 75$ to 500$ based on the weight. Beware of jewelry, under or above that price range. If you are looking for durable, premium designs made from solid materials, such as 925 sterling silver, Nixir is the ideal place for you. Since the beginning, the focus has always been to offer you
unique, timeless and original designs crafted from premium materials at a non-premium prices. We believe that a great piece of jewelry is designed to be worn everyday and must be affordable. Visit the website or an official retailer new you to find the perfect piece for you.
With each piece, comes a certificate of authenticity that gives you a free repair and exchange in case something happens or you are not satisfied.
You probably heard the phrase "less is more", which is not entirely true when it comes to jewelry however, its how comfortable and confident you are in wearing them that will make all the difference. If you are just starting to experiment, we suggest to keep it simple with one or two classic bracelets such as the Justin or a leather bracelet like Raoul. Pair it with an elegant ring like Royce for a sharper look.
2. Not choosing jewelry that suits your skin tones
The way that you determine what metal suits you best is to try on pieces. Use the following tips to determine your skin tone:
Look at your skin in natural light and find a spot wear veins are noticeable (your wrist is usually a good choice)
– Blue or purple veins = cool skin tone
– Green veins = warm skin tone
– Blue, green, AND purple veins = neutral skin tone
Once you have determined whether you have warm or cool undertones, it’s relatively easy to match the proper metal with your skin.
– Cool skin tones look best in light metals = white gold, platinum, or sterling silver
– Warm skin tones work great with yellow metals = yellow gold or rose gold
– Neutral skin tones = white gold or sterling silver
6. Assuming That All Jewelry Is Feminine
Let's be clear – Jewelry is not feminine.
There are certain styles that may be considered less masculine than others but to say that all are for the softer sex is simply not true. Let’s take a historical perspective for a minute.
- The Pope’s ring (Ring of the Fisherman) is a symbol of power and authority. It was the papal method used to seal official documents from the Vatican.
- Egyptian pharaohs from the Eighteenth Dynasty were known for their wesesks which were collars/necklaces and were given to officials and dignitaries – as well as soldiers – as a mark of honor.
- Military personnel wear, and hold in high regard, their dog tags.
- Male bracelets date back to 3000 B.C. and earlier – warriors and shamans wore them to ward off evil
I could go on forever but history has shown us that men wearing jewelry is the picture of masculinity and in some cases “badassery”. At the end of the day it’s all about functionality, preference, and style. Wear it with confidence and that sentiment will translate to everyone else.
Picture of Prince Rahotep and his wife Nofret
Source: Antonio Centeno